In this edition...
- Ignore the Noise and Stick to the Strategy Eric Armstrong, Client Director, Synaptic
- Fed hikes again, but are we passed peak hawkishness? Salman Ahmed, Global Head of Macro and Strategic Asset Allocation, Fidelity International
- Duration caution as rates increase Paul Flood, Head of Mixed Assets Investment Newton Investment Management, part of BNY Mellon Investment Management
- Why investors shouldn’t overreact to talk of a recession Shaan Raithatha, Senior Economist - Vanguard, Europe
- What should I consider when investing in Alternatives in my multi-asset portfolio? Alex Funk, CIO Schroder, Investment Solutions
- Has the world changed? Mark Harris, Portfolio Manager, EPIC Investment Partners
- Swimming naked? Not us. Moody’s keeps us well protected. Eric Armstrong, Client Director, Synaptic
- The high-carbon transition Natasha Landell-Mills, Head of Stewardship, Sarasin & Partners
- Twitter, tech stocks & the untapped monetary potential Richard O’Sullivan, Investment Research Manager, RSMR
- GPUs are driving the future of computing Hamish Chamberlayne, Head of Global, Sustainable Equities
- Impact investing doesn’t mean compromising on returns M&G Investments,
- Quilter: Integrating responsible investment into your advice process Andy Miller, Investment Director Lead, Quilter
- Being green is in fashion Rahab Paracha, Sustainable multi-asset investment specialist, Rathbones
- Growth Investing: why the hunt for outliers remains compelling Stuart Dunbar, Partner, Baillie Gifford & Co
- Freedoms revisited - Where do we go from here? Matt Ward, Communications Director, AKG
Advice practitioners as well as investors have been living through some uncomfortable times. A consensus seems to be forming on how slow the Federal Reserve were in recognising that inflation wasn’t transitory, slammed on the brakes when they belatedly realised this and, in all likelihood, may be forced to reverse policy again. Some are arguing that the forthcoming recession was entirely avoidable and instead we will have to suffer a brutal, policy-induced worldwide downturn in business and growth.
Luckily Moody’s are here to guide us dispassionately through the doom and gloom and provide the basis for navigating the investment journey over the longer term, relying less on spin but the overwhelming force of human ingenuity in creating asymmetric returns for investors. Inside, we write about the current insights provided by the Moody’s model, as
accessed through the Synaptic research proposition.
In this edition of Connection, you will also find some typically outstanding contributions from our partners who are also able to make sense of the current situation and offer exceptional commentary and guidance. We are grateful for all partners’ contributions this quarter and hope you enjoy reading them.
Our main focus as a business is currently refining the newly launched Synaptic Pathways tool and working to induct our larger customers into the new research and due diligence proposition. We are also preparing for the opportunities we have to bring Synaptic Pathways to a wider audience next year. If you haven’t done so yet, call one of our team and ask for a look yourself.
Anyway, it has been our great privilege to serve our customers and work with our partners this year and it just remains for the team here at Synaptic to wish you all a wonderful festive season and best wishes for a more comfortable New Year.
Connect with us:
PO Box 799,
Fareham, PO14 9WD
Sales: 0800 783 4477
To sign up for Connection magazine visit www.synaptic.co.uk
All editorial or advertising enquiries should be directed to:
Sign up for updates
Keep up to speed with everything you need to know each quarter, by email or post.